Monday, September 29, 2008

Ugh...Palin


So I thought I would try to keep this blog apolitical, but since really only about three people read it I don't think it's that big of a deal. Basically I need to whine about this Palin woman. Anyone that knows me or reads my Facebook status knows I can't stand her. She is the epitome of a woman who has used and abused feminism and its ideals only to CRAP on the progress women have fought long and hard to make.

Gloria Steinem and Suheir Hammad wrote an article about feminism that described feminists as, "women who actively promote the advancement of the interests of other women, not just the narcissistic advancement of themselves." It could not have been stated any better. Palin is the definition of a woman who promotes the "narcissistic advancement of herself." The woman is unbelievable. She claims family values and God and Jesus and the like when her 17 year old is knocked up! Judgemental...oh hell yes and I am okay with that. It's not good for 17 year olds to be having babies...sorry, it's just not.

I am not sure why women seem to see her as a role model. She seems to be just playing in the boys club, but telling the public she's a "maverick." Please. She's transparent and blatantly self interested to me. In addition to these things she does not seem intelligent enough to handle the job that she could potentially be elected for. I mean really, don't we deserve a vice president that knows where Iraq is! Perhaps that is a gross overstatement...maybe she did know where Iraq was before her two month cram session, but I would bet money that she did not.

Okay rant over. Perhaps besides her clear lack of knowledge there's no substantial reason not to put her in office, but at any rate she is a disappointment to women and I don't care that she is a governor or has been mayor of a small town. I suppose on some level progress is progress, but I think it's morally questionable when you try to rip down the rights of the very people that got you to your position in the first place.

I refuse to put a photo of this twit up, so instead I will put up a photo of a guilty puppy...the way she should feel about the idea of being elected vice president.

No comments: