Thursday, October 9, 2008

Whatevs...

Ugh...I'm so over this election crap. I am tired of people misconstruing anger for passion and frustration for being over emotional. Isn't this exactly how groups of people who were fed up with an existing situations have been treated continuously over time? I'm not comparing my frustration with the Civil Rights Era, but typically people are able to cry "crazy or emotional" when they want to invalidate and ignore peoples feelings. They did it then and they do it now.

It seems to me if more people paid attention to what was going on in the world they would be passionate and emotional too. It's not that it runs our lives or takes the thoughts of our every waking moment, but we think about it yes...as well we should. If we don't care, who will? I too, am intimidated by overly passionate political folk, but I'm not really sure I consider myself to be one of those people. I will vote and I will spread the word, but I choose to spend my time helping people makes their lives better in small ways. I'm not the go out on the street and yell type despite what some people may think.

People need to wake up and pay more attention then things like housing crisis' and poorly planned occupations wouldn't "sneak up on us."

I promise to be funnier after this blog, but I had to get some things off my chest.

No comments: