Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A tribute to the one and only Amy Sedaris (applause)


As I mentioned in the above posting I love Amy Sedaris. I sometimes get bored at work and search youtube for her appearances on late night TV. Creepy? Maybe, but I like to think of it as furthering my creative spirit. Today I found some things about her.

1. Jerri Blank (from Strangers With Candy) is based on a real person. She is based on Florrie Fisher an actual user, boozer, and loser. She was a promotional speaker in the 70's and oddly enough ended her life in mystery as she was believed to have fallen back to her old ways, but no one really knows for sure. It is her lovely face that adorns the heading of my delicious blog.

2. Animals love snacks...a for real deal quote she said while on an episode of Letterman a couple years ago.

2. David Letterman loves having her on his show.

3. She makes Martha Stewart uncomfortable and anyone who can do that is a friend of mine.

4. She used to have a fake boyfried named Ricky, but he was tragically fake murdered.

5. She is in a rabbit society and owns a rabbit named Dusty (he is real).

6. She used to have a fake monkey named Pockets, but he was too troublesome.

I think that's it. I know many of you may be a bit put off by my love for Ms. Sedaris, but rest assured it's a healthy admiration for a very creative and funny woman.

3 comments:

Audra said...

I am totally not put off by your Amy Sedaris love. In fact, that's one of my favorite things about you. We are not alone.

John Doe said...

I just learned some Amy Sedaris fun facts! Those Sedaris siblings are so great. I just finished David's new book, "When You Are Engulfed in Flames." Although not my favorite work of his, it was still very enjoyable. Probably his most focused writing--he really drives home a couple central themes throughout. Have you read it yet?

JURU said...

I haven't read the book yet, but I should. I love his style of writing. Thanks for reading Spencer!