Thursday, January 8, 2009
New Year, New You
Well hello 2009! I can't believe it's already 2009. I think the last three to four years of my life have flown by at a scary pace. I will start by saying New Years wasn't that fun as usual. Each and every year I prep myself to have an amazing New Years Eve. I pay too much to hang out at a bar with friends or with people I don't know and then I am let down in the end. Not because my friends aren't fun...they are, but honestly we hang out at a bar typically so why pay more money to do the same thing and have a random countdown at some point in the evening. Whatevs, next year I'm just going to hang out with the hobos for free and I'll bring some snacks so they'll like me more.
Beyond New Years Eve the year has been good these other 7 days. I'm trying to get into grad school and although I sucked up the entrance exam (I'm counting that as being a part of 2008 even though it was actually the 2nd of January) I've had a great year. My job is going well, my apartment is cleaner than it used to be and no hobos have flashed me yet. I would say it has been quite successful thus far.
As everyone typically does, I too, have decided on some New Year's resolutions. Here goes...
1. Work out more (I have become a blob in the last year)
2. Get into grad school
3. Stop getting flashed by hobos
4. Be be nicer to hobos
5. Work harder (I am lazy by nature)
6. Somehow talk to Tina Fey (or wait outside her apartment and yell (or throw) (soft) things at her)
7. Keep up with my amazing blog better
8. Continue to use bad and badder grammar so my dad's head explodes when I speak to him (haha that one's for you Dad :) )
9. Write my first novela -- about a love child named Divine
10. Become a drug addict, then go to rehab, then talk about how I had a drug habit, but I went to rehab all in an effort to get famous and sell more books
11. Write down more resolutions throughout the year that I will never actually complete.
12. Watch more Oprah, she inspires me to love myself and Dr. Oz makes me think I'm going to die tomorrow.
Well I think that's it for today. Come back again soon, because I promise to keep this updated.
Happy New Year!!!! Send me your resolutions that you'll never complete too!